Lemon Cypress

Saving My Lemon Cypress :(

Giselle85 added on October 21, 2016 | Answered

I have 3 jobs and go to school. Always running late... I watered my little tree every day for the first 2 or 3 months. Didn't fertilize, didn't replant. It didn't grow but stayed green. I've been busier lately and keep forgetting to water. It's been like a month and a half!! I wasn't worried because it stayed bright green! Then one day, the yellow took over! And I've been watering it but it doesn't seem to be taking the water, :( it just sits there. Help! Can I save it? I live in southern California. Is it a bad time to put it into a bigger pot or to feed it? Is there any emergency food I can give it? :( Thank you.

Don't fertilize your stressed plant until it recovers, because that will only stress it more. Just keep watering whenever the soil is beginning to get dry, but don't overwater either. Your plant is probably taking the water and slowly recovering.

To prevent this from happening again, consider adding mulch to the pot on top of the soil. This will help conserve water. But it will still need watering on a regular schedule.

00
Here are more questions about Lemon Cypress