Moon Cactus

Saving a Moon Cactus

Anonymous added on January 16, 2014 | Answered

My roommate was trying to "help me" care for my indoor garden, and without me knowing about it, was watering my moon cactus. I noticed my cactus was looking sad a few days ago. Its stalk is an off color (not completely brown, but its dark green, definitely not healthy) and is slightly soft. Then I noticed the soil was moist. Its winter and very cold here, probably close to 50-60 in the apartment at night (I've been keeping it by a UVB light at night too). I've had her stop watering it since, but is there anything I can do to save it?

It sounds like it may be suffering from the onset of root rot--a result of too much water. Perhaps you should explain to your friend that succulent plants should only be watered when their soil has dried out. At any rate, this article will help with root rot: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/disease/treating-root-rot-gardening-tips-for-housplants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Moon Cactus