Saguaro Cactus

Saguaro Cactus Rot

Charlet Estes added on March 25, 2018 | Answered

I bought a saguaro while I was in Az last month. It came with two cacti, one larger and obviously more healthy than the other. I repotted them separately and gave the healthy one to my mother. Hers is doing fine. The little one was gray and shrively, so I watered it. Now it is soft and losing the little nubs that have the spines on them. I wonder if FungiCure spray would help, if I spray the roots before repotting it to dry soil? It has a nice, large root bunch, just the top is all squishy. Help? I don't want to let this treasure die! Thank you!

It sounds like it is far beyond repair. You can attempt the spray, but if it is gray and mushy, then it is probably on its way out. Just make sure, in the future, that the cactus is allowed to dry out between waterings. This will prevent fungal infections.

00
Here are more questions about Saguaro Cactus