Sago Palm Trees

Sago Palm Care.

The article on sago palm care is quite helpful but it did not deal with the fungus type problems that my out door palms are suffering from. You see, I have 2 sago palms in the flower beds at separate corners at the front of our home, they were planted about 2 years ago, (we at first thought they were miniature palms and would grow no taller than about 5 feet-based on some similar plants we saw around our neighborhood); and one is now 4.5 feet tall while the other one is 5 feet tall!!! And our main problem is that beginning about two months ago, too many of the trees bottom branches began turning yellow, then brown, and are covered with a white fungus-looking powdery stuff: they all had to be removed: Is there a cure for that fungus invasion please ? and is there a truly miniature type sago palm ? my trees are in direct sunlight for about 6 hours a day and are not over watered. I will send pictures of them later if necessary, thank you.

Most sago palms (which are cycads and not true palms) are very slow growing so will remain quite small for years, but can reach about 10 feet when they are decades old. If yours have grown rapidly it is possible that they actually are a species of true palm.
Check whether any of the diseases discussed in the following articles match the symptoms.

Here are more questions about Sago Palm Trees