Dracaena Plants

Sad Dracaena

Kayleigh Rose Lewis added on March 6, 2018 | Answered

Help! I've been tasked with looking after my friend's plants while they take a sabbatical, and they're mostly fine except for this one. It started looking upset when I returned from a three-week trip over Christmas, I suspect maybe it wasn't getting enough light and perhaps having the heating off didn't help either. We've just had a really cold spell and now a couple of its branches have completely collapsed. I think it's a Dracaena of some kind, and I've attached some photographs so you can see what's happening. If you have any advice it would be greatly appreciated! Kind regards, Kayleigh

Three weeks is a long time to be without proper light and watering. The one with green still on can survive, but will take a very long time to recover. The ones with the stem bent are likely dead. The last one will just need to be cared for until it returns to health. The others will likely have to be thrown out.

Here are more questions about Dracaena Plants