Rubber Tree Plants

Rubber Trees Plants

Can I plant my rubber tree plant outside? I do not know what zone I am in, but I live in the Clemson, SC area. I received the plant as a house plant from a funeral. I put it outdoors this past spring and summer and it has taken off. I do not want to kill it and am not sure if I can plant it outside with our winter weather. Please help.

These plants can thrive outdoors but are usually hardy only in Zones 10-11. I would recommend keeping it in a pot and setting it out each spring/summer and bringing it indoors in late fall for overwintering. Since many plants can survive in one zone higher/lower than that listed, it is possible with suitable winter protection to plant it outside anyway. Here is a map of you growing zone that you may find helpful: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/planting-zones/south-carolina-planting-zones.htm

00
Here are more questions about Rubber Tree Plants