Rubber Tree Plants

Rubber Tree Growth

mandymarie added on June 7, 2014 | Answered

I have 2 rubber trees that are single trunks and they are growing really tall. How can I get them bushy? They are over 6 feet tall. I took a clipping from a friend's aunt. I can't ask her, as she has passed away. I asked Home Depot workers and they don't know either. They are easy to grow, as I have a black thumb. I love them, but I am afraid that I won't be able to fit them in my house soon. Sharon's was bushy. Please let me know what to do so I don't have to throw them away. I didn't know they could grow so big. Thank you for any information you can provide.

If your trees have grown that tall, your thumb isn't black, except in the good way because it's dirty.
Controlling them is simplicity itself. Get a pair of plant pruners, and cut the stems at about the spot you'd like to see them start to branch out. When each new branches have 3 or 4 leaves, you can cut off the ends of those to encourage more branching. You can stick the cut pieces back into the soil beside the main stem; there's a good chance they will root. Or stick them into their own pots. Here's an article with more info: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/rubber-tree/prune-rubber-tree.htm

00
Here are more questions about Rubber Tree Plants