Royal Empress Trees

Royal Empress Sapling Growth

Seanmoran40 added on March 29, 2018 | Answered

I grew a couple of royal empress trees from seed last year and planted them in the ground around October. So far this year the 2 I planted have already began to grow new leaves. One has leaves that look normal, the other’s “branches” are curling and even turning a little brown. Neither one has started to gain any height. Any suggestions on how I can help these trees grow the best way possible? I live outside Austin, TX. Thanks!

This seems to be a pH issue. Dolomitic lime will help out, significantly, here. I also notice the irrigation system next to it. I would only recommend watering when the soil is almost completely dry. This will keep any infection from starting. I would apply wettable sulfur with the lime as a preventative measure for fungal infection.

This article will give you more information on the care of these: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/royal-empress/worlds-fastest-growing-shade-tree.htm

00
Here are more questions about Royal Empress Trees