Rose Of Sharon Plants

Rose of Sharon

Tammy Schultz added on May 24, 2016 | Answered

it started getting leaves on it and today some leaves are ok but look like they are dying off. I wanted to know what makes it do that. Did I feed it too much or is it bugs? I don't see anything on it. Thanks, Tammy

Over fertilizing a Rose Of Sharon can damage the shrub and cause the plant to yellow or turn brown.
Your plant may also droop or wilt as if it needs water if it has excess salts in the soil from over fertilizing.
You can try to flush the fertilizer from the soil with water, if you feel this may be the case.

Your plant needs only a light application of an all purpose fertilizer in the spring, again in summer. Follow the package directions but stay on the light side.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/shrubs/rose-of-sharon/rose-of-sharon-bush.htm

00
Here are more questions about Rose Of Sharon Plants