Zucchini Plants

Root/Vine Rot on Yellow and Zucchini Squash

I have 3 of each plant in my small garden (along w/tomatoes). I planted them about 1 1/2 months ago. Within the last 3 or 4 days the vines have started to rot. They have all started to bloom/flower - and now all wilted. The zucchini have been holding up a bit better. There are no bugs that we can see. But it seems like it is diseased from the roots and attacking the vine. I live in Texas and the past couple of weeks the temperatures have been above 90. I water every couple of days. Never getting too dry or too wet. What can we do to save them, or what to look for in the future? I also have tomatoes growing that are fine and seem unaffected by this. There are also some bushes and flowers separating the 2 types of squashes and they are unaffected.

Sounds like the vine borer. If your vines are not too far gone, try cutting into where the "rot" is, find the borer(s), kill them then re-bury the vine several inches further up. Also, if any of your vines have not wilted yet, look for where the vine borer eggs may be or where they may have already entered and do the same. You might get lucky and save some. Here is an article that you may find helpful: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/vegetables/zucchini/vine-borers-zucchini.htm

00
Here are more questions about Zucchini Plants