Lemon Trees

Root Weevil Larvae on Baby Lemon Tree

cgrubbs added on July 16, 2015 | Answered

I'm growing a lemon tree from seed as per your instructions. It is still quite small, a few inches tall, with a few leaves (though it does have a root system going). I recently put it into a larger pot and added some organic fertilizer/food to it to help with growth. Now that it's summer, I do keep the tree outside for warmth and sunlight. This morning I noticed about 5-6 white larvae crawling around in the soil. I believe they are root weevil larvae. How do I get rid of them? Why are they there? How do I prevent them from coming back? Would beneficial nematodes work? Do I need to replant? Should I bring it inside? Please help!

I would not bring the pot indoors until you have resolved the issue.

I would carefully lift the seedling and replace the soil with good clean potting mix. Discard of the old soil.

Treat the plant with Neem Oil.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/pesticides/neem-oil-uses.htm

00
Here are more questions about Lemon Trees