My puppy keeps digging up and eating what appears to be a root of some sort, I think. It is circular and almost looks and feels like a white Styrofoam. I'm wondering what it is and if it's poisonous. Thanks, Jenny
Root Under Lawn
Certified GKH Gardening Expert
I am not sure what exactly that is, but it looks like it could be a fungal growth or perhaps some sort of leftover plant root that is molding. There are many fungi and plant roots that are poisonous, so you should probably keep your puppy away from the area for now. You could try digging out that section of soil and see if that gets rid of it.