Rhododendron Plants
Q.

Rhododendrons

Anonymous added on April 15, 2011 | Answered

Are rhododendrons poisonous to pets and children?

    A.
    A.Answers to this queston: Add Answer
    Nikki
    Certified GKH Gardening Expert
    Answered on April 16, 2011

    Although it has a low toxicity, it is best to treat all Rhododendrons as poisonous and keep out of reach of children and pets. Rhododendrons are toxic to many domestic animals, including dogs. Do not to allow your dog to remain unsupervised around these plants. They have potentially toxic leaves and flowers and even the honey from their flowers can be poisonous. While human fatalities from eating these plants are rare, victims who consume a lot suffer from nausea, vomiting, abdominal upset, and low blood pressure.

    00
    Was this answer useful?

    Log in or sign up to help answer this question.
    Did you find this helpful? Share it with your friends!

    You must be logged into your account to answer a question.

    If you don't have an account sign up for an account now.

    Looking for more?
    here are more questions about...
    Rhododendron Plants
    Join Us - Sign up to get all the latest gardening tips!

    Do you know a lot about gardening?
    Become a GKH Gardening Expert

    Learn More