Water Gardening

Retention Ponds

I would like to start off by saying I really enjoy reading the articles on your website. They seem to be more geared to the beginner (which I am). Now, I have a question for you. I have a retention pond in my backyard. The county will be coming out and clearing it out for me because it is currently overgrown. Once this is completed, I want to bring a tropical wetland feel to the pond. My original idea was to plant a few clumps of bamboo and just let it take over. But the more I think about it, I would really like to introduce some other 'tropicalish' plants to the pond. Now, the only problem is I don't know what type, kind, or anything that would survive. Any suggestions?

This article should help you with choosing tropical looking plants for the pond: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/special/tropical/cold-hardy-tropical-plants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Water Gardening