Cucumber Plants

Repotting and Fertilizing

I have a rectangular container: 1 meter length, 30 cm width depth. I have repotted tomato, and put bitter melon and cucumber seeds in it. All have grown. My questions are: Is repotting necessary for cucumber and bitter melon? I mean I have grown them directly, so still is it required? How many plants should I keep in the container and how to fertilize them?

1) I would not try and repot the plants, as moving them would only shock the roots and they likely would not survive. As long as there is anough space in the container and they have adequate drainage, the plants should be fine. 2) Normally, you would thin the seedlings down to your strongest plants. For instance, your healthiest tomato, best cucumber, and melon. I would not have more than three of these growing in one container. For more infomration on thinning, this article will help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/seeds/thinning-seedlings.htm 3) Most fertilizing is done at the time of planting, usually amending soil with compost is sufficient. However, if you apply any during the growing season, a fertilizer higher in phosphorus works best.

00
Here are more questions about Cucumber Plants