Schefflera Plants

Repotting a Schefflera Plant

zawacki added on December 7, 2012 | Answered

I have pruned some of my schefflera plant and would like to repot the cuttings. I have not been able to get them to re-root in water. Does the plant have to have roots in order to plant the cuttings and have them grow? Thank you.

You can root cuttings in soil. This article will help:
https://www.ehow.com/way_5749676_directions-grow-schefflera-cuttings.html

00

zawacki, i've found that soil roots are much tougher and more sturdy than water roots. I use bottom heat and mist for 90%+ rooting success. If you don't have a greenhouse, you can make one with sticks, pencils, dowels, straws or plastic cultery and a thin sheet of plastic. (dry cleaner bag or food wrap). Keep the cuttings in a well lit place, but not direct sun. Don't try to root wood. Use green stems from 4-10" long, and discard most of the leaves. Regular household temperatures are sufficient. Good luck.

00
Here are more questions about Schefflera Plants