Jade Plants

Repotting a Jade Plant

Lynpy added on June 20, 2017 | Answered

I have just repotted a large (has flowered regularly) Jade (Money) plant. I have used basically cactus compost with the addition of gravel. (Also a little citrus soil as I ran out of cactus soil). Stupidly, I used UNWASHED white aquarium pea gravel at the bottom of the pot and I mixed a little into the compost. My friend tells me that it contains a lot of salt! By not washing the gravel the plant will be subject to this salt! Will this do the plant harm? Should I flush the pot with water and then let it dry out or should I buy fresh compost and start again using just cactus compost freshly purchased tomorrow? I think the heat today has fried my brain!

Salts are not good for plants, so I would recommend repotting the plant.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/jade-plant/jade-plant-care.htm

10
Lynpy

Thank you, I have done just that with freshly purchased cactus soil and horticultural grit. I wonder if there is anything that would enjoy growing in this potentially salty cactus/citrus mix? I live by the sea,
so I will try something which lives on the shore perhaps. Any suggestions?

00
Here are more questions about Jade Plants