Wisteria Vines

Replanted Wisteria Vine

This spring my husband dug up a small Wisteria vine that was growing at his son's home. He brought it home, replanted it with fresh soil in a sunny spot and watered it well. Within a few days, the leaves had all died and fell off. Is this normal or is the vine now dead? I can't see any new growth on it at all. My husband swears it will come back in the spring next year, but I am not sure.

These plants really resent being moved, so I'm fairly certain that it's simply suffering from transplant shock at this time. As long as the stems are still alive, it should recover and eventually regrow. These articles should help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/environmental/learn-how-to-avoid-and-repair-transplant-shock-in-plants.htm

Here are more questions about Wisteria Vines