Crape Myrtle Trees

Removing Some Blooming “Flowers” From My Small Crapemyrtle

katieinky@itwc.com added on July 10, 2017 | Answered

I have three different sized crepes in my yard. The smaller is a "pink" and is loaded with blooms (KY - Zone 6 -nearing mid-July). We have heavy winds from time-to-time and the branches of the little pink are bending almost to ground. Q - will it harm the 2018 blooms to go in and selectively remove blooms to prevent breaking branches, etc. at this time? Plan to also use a couple of "props" and landscape twine to give more support. Help! Thank you very much - Katie

Depending on the size of the branch you can use a really heavy fishing line to tie up and support the branches.
Over time it will build up strength and you wont need the support. Just remember that you tied it up and adjust it as needed.
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/crepe-myrtle/pruning-crepe-myrtle-trees.htm

00
Here are more questions about Crape Myrtle Trees