I have holly roots all over my front flower bed. I have hired people to pull them up but they can never get them all. Is there anything I can use to poison the roots?
Certified GKH Gardening Expert
Whatever kind of poison you use can, potentially, poison the ground for the plants around as well. I would recommend boiling water. These roots are hard to rid, and you will have to be vigilant in removing all new shoots. If you pour boiling water on the area, it will take care of most of it. It may also kill other plants in the area, but at least it will not make the ground toxic to replant immediately.