Rosemary Plants

Rejuvenating Rosemary

I read the article on rejuvenating and cutting back rosemary when it starts to get woody looking. I have a question about the note in the article though. Note: For most people who grow rosemary, the plant will go through a cold period and it is not a good idea to prune any herb, rosemary or otherwise, shortly before or during cold because it will cause the plant to grow new shoots, which are very vulnerable to cold damage. In warmer areas where rosemary is more apt to grow to the size in which rejuvenation pruning is needed, the plant is not experiencing the same killing cold, so winter pruning while it’s in dormancy is best. That being said, for those of us NOT living in such areas, stick to spring pruning after the threat of frost has passed. I live in Lewisville, TX (Zone 7b but on the border with 8). We can get snow in the winter but not usually until Jan/Feb and not even every year. Would I be one of the areas when spring would be a better time to prune? Thank you, Reagan

You could prune in Winter months with no problem.
I would also suggest propagating your trimmings for new plants!
Here is a link with more information.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/herbs/rosemary/how-to-propagate-a-rosemary-plant.htm

00
Here are more questions about Rosemary Plants