Amaryllis Plants

Regrowing Amaryllis in Florida

I have an amaryllis that was given to me for Christmas last year. I repotted it when the foliage began to die and it's been in a pot in front of my house all summer. Reading the directions on the box, it says to bring indoors in September, cut off foliage, apply compost and let rest for 8 weeks. I am assuming that the reason for this (bringing indoors) is because it starts to get cold out in Sept. But not here in central FL. So, should these instructions be amended in any way due to where I live? At the moment, it is still outside in a pot and still has foliage. What is my next step and how should I proceed from there to give it a chance to bloom again in Dec?

Amaryllis may be kept outdoors from September through April in warm weather climates. The foliage is evergreen in warm climates and will continue to grow in your garden. Water as needed, typically once a week.

Here is an article that you may find helpful:

Here are more questions about Amaryllis Plants