Red Onion Seedling Pod

So I planted 3 red onion (starts about 3" high) in my garden along with my yellow onions. All three ended up with a white 'pod' or bulb on the top which I cut off about 5" below pod and put into water. Onions still in garden, but pods in a glass of water have opened and now I have all these long strand like seedlings. What do I do with these? Dry them, plant them....I've got a lot! HELP!

You can plant them if there are roots. Generally, the pods house the onion seeds and are normally dried to remove and grow these seeds. Placing them in water is actually a new one on me, but still worth a try. Here is more information: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/vegetables/onion/collecting-onion-seeds.htm

Here are more questions about Onions