Potato Plants

Received My Early and Late Potatoes Mixed Together

Chrismil added on April 3, 2014 | Answered

My seed potatoes Yukon Gold and German Butterball arrived all mixed together in one bag. How do I plant these? Is there a way to tell which is which? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Growing potatoes is pretty easy. This article gives you the basice; https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/vegetables/potato/how-to-grow-potatoes-when-to-plant-potatoes.htm
As for which is which in your bundle of seed potatoes, that's a little more difficult. Both potato types are yellow and roundish oval shapes. It's important to know the difference, though, because the Yukon Golds are early season, and the German Butterball is late season. The skin of the butterball appears to be thicker, but you'd have to cut them open to tell, and I'm not sure there's that much of a difference. Why don't you contact the supplier, and ask them to help you. Perhaps they would send you a bunch of butterballs later, and you could plant all the ones you have now, and then the new batch of butterballs at their appropriate time.

00
Here are more questions about Potato Plants