Raspberry Plants

Re: Raspberries

jannyr added on April 19, 2012 | Answered

I planted 2 red raspberry bushes last summer and got quite a yeild off them in the late summer, early fall.   I pruned them back and now this spring I have literally 100's of little sucker plants sprouting everywhere in the garden. What do I do with all of these weed raspberry plants? Thanks, jannyr

It sounds like you had a small rodent also enjoy your red raspberries and then deposited the seeds all about your garden when Mother Nature called.

You can remove the seedlings and then try to take steps to protect the fruit from other animals that may seed your garden in the coming year. Bird netting, partially buried fencing or hanging old CDs around the plant (which will move and flash in the wind and sun) will help prevent pests from nibbling and later planting new raspberries.

00
Here are more questions about Raspberry Plants