Sweet Bay Laurel Trees

Re-Potting Very Large Bay Tree

My Bay tree is approximately 10-12 ft. high with a head girth of approximately 14-15 ft. It is currently in a 2 x 2 x 2 ft. pot and the roots of the tree have burst open the pot, so I need to repot quickly. Where can I find a larger pot than the current one, and can the root ball be trimmed back? If so, how do I do this?

I would check with your local nursery for a larger pot. As we are not sure how large the rootball is, it would be difficult to say where to find a pot. If you have not already considered it, you may want to think about using a half whiskey or wine barrel for the pot. In the short term, wrap the rootball in plastic and spray it down twice a day (letting the water flow away and not sit in the plastic) to keep the roots as healthy as possible.

Yes, you can trim back the roots. This article can help you with that: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/hpgen/prune-roots.htm

00
Here are more questions about Sweet Bay Laurel Trees