Raised Bed Soil

ABedenbaugh803 added on April 21, 2018 | Answered

I’ve recently started a 4*4 raised bed with Miracle Gro Nature’s Choice Raised Bed Soil. It appears I’ve made a mistake in choosing that particular soil. I’ve got a couple tomato plants, peppers, cucumbers, squash and a couple of herbs that are not growing well at all. They appear to be over fertilized. I’d like to maybe start from scratch again before it’s too late. Can you recommend and store bought soil, or possibly a mix I can make myself? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch.

We don't usually recommend any particular product. There are many good ways to build your own soil. When I want a base soil, I do get some from Wal-Mart called Pennington's Professional Potting Mix. It is very basic, and a good starter. As for amendments. You will want to add things like worm castings, dolomitic lime, wettable sulfur or irons sulfate, Bone meal, Bloodmeal, and many other things. Building soil like this will give your garden a HUGE boost in a raised bed.

This article will give you more information: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/special/organic/the-importance-of-soil-for-an-organic-garden.htm

00