Manure Fertilizer

Rabbit Poo

Bertha added on April 2, 2013 | Answered

I had a large compost pile going that was rabbit poo. We had potatoes that had gone bad and I put them in the compost pile and they are growing everywhere in the rabbit poo now. I have concerns if they are going to be safe to eat. Not all of the poo was broken down into compost and I know potatoes will absorb toxic elements. Will the potatoes be safe to eat?

There are two schools of thought on applying rabbit manure to the garden. Some gardeners are cautious about potential pathogens and prefer to toss them onto the compost pile as a precaution. For some, adding poop to your veggie garden sounds (on some level) suspect.
I'll be honest, I haven't heard of there ever being a problem - but it's worth mentioning especially if you're adding them to a vegetable garden. Then there are those gardeners that apply the rabbit pellets directly to the garden without a second thought. This is one of my practices; but I'm daring like that. The above taken from this link:

Andd this article may help:

Here are more questions about Manure Fertilizer