Queen Palm Trees

Queen Palm

Jamcollett added on January 29, 2018 | Answered

I live in Naples fl.....my 3 queen palms are approx 60 ft.tall and look healthy but due to H. Irma are leaning, thought away from the house....My next trimming will cost $600.00. ...I am thinking of having them taken out....At what age do they max out health wise and when should I entertain the thought of doing without them? My properties appearance will miss them but not necessarily decrease the value...thanks, john

It would be completely up to you to decide what you would want in their place. When they lean, it means they have sustained some root damage. This can be a death sentence to many palms. You can either plant another in its place, or go with something that tolerates high salt content. Here is an article that you will find interesting: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/special/seaside/gardening-salt-water-soil.htm

00
Here are more questions about Queen Palm Trees