Pampas Grass

Purple Pampas Grass Seeds

sbarrett added on February 23, 2017 | Answered

I am growing purple pampas grass from seeds. It is going very slowly. The largest shoot is about 2 inches tall now. I planted 5 weeks ago. I am in Florida. They get plenty of sun, organic fertilization, very small amounts and plenty of water. Am I doing everything right or wrong? Thank you, Stephanie.

If most of the seeds have not germinated, there may be a problem with the seeds themselves. You may want to try a germination test in seed starting mix or on a moistened paper towel indoors, and if most of the seeds don't grown, get more seeds from a different source.

Or, if the seeds have germinated but the seedlings are growing very slowly, it's possible that there is salt or a toxin in the soil that inhibits growth, or something else wrong with the conditions. Was another plant grown successfully in the same spot previously?

00
Here are more questions about Pampas Grass