Purple Fountain Grass

Purple Fountain Grass -Pennisetum Setaceum ‘Rubrum’

When can I expect the first signs of new growth? I planted and grew this last summer. I cut to the ground last winter (about 2 inches above). No signs of life yet. Everything else I have is growing great. No purple fountain grass yet at the Lowe's nursery. I live in Fredericksburg, Virginia.

This cold has damaged many plants this year, so it is possible that they did not make it due to the unusual cold. This article will help you determine if they are dead or not: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/environmental/how-to-tell-if-a-plant-is-dead-and-how-to-recover-an-almost-dead-plant.htm

I would give them another 2 weeks, but if you do not see anything by then, they are likely dead. For future reference, it is best to leave the foliage throughout winter, as it helps protect the plant from too much damage. Pruning should be done right after winter to alloe for new growth.

00
Here are more questions about Purple Fountain Grass