Pumpkin Plants

Pumpkin Pollinating

Hopeful gardener added on July 16, 2016 | Answered

I get both male and female flowers. I try to hand pollinate due to bee shortage. This is second year of very few bees. My question is, I go out between 4 am and 7 am the morning when I believe a female will open and except for the first female, which I got plenty of pollen to pollinate my males, they have no pollen. Out of 3 males, only 1 turned the brush tip (small) a tiny bit orange. Last year all aborted. Anything I can do? I only have 2 very healthy vines. I have watched videos, read, etc. Thanks.

kh0001

There are a couple other ways you can try to hand-pollinate your pumpkin vines. This article will walk you through them: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/vegetables/pumpkin/hand-pollinate-pumpkins.htm

00
Here are more questions about Pumpkin Plants