Pumpkin Plants

Pumpkin Plant

nita2540 added on October 3, 2012 | Answered

My pumpkins are now colored orange and the leaves are dying (brown). Do I still have to water them? Do I remove the fruits now? How do I store them to preserve them for later use?

I have sweet potato plant. It has lots of leaves sprawling on the ground. Do you know if there maybe some fruits I can harvest? I have also regular potatoes. Will they survive the winter?

If the pumpkin plant is dying, you can harvest and store the squash. This article will help with that:

You can carefully dig around the roots of the sweet potato plant to see if the tubers are large enough to harvest yet. If they are, dig them all the way up. If not, allow them to stay in the ground a bit longer.

You can store potatoes in the ground as long as the ground does not freeze solid. Otherwise, you should dig them up and store them. This article will help with that:

Here are more questions about Pumpkin Plants