Tomato Plants

Pruning Tomato Plants That Are Growing Out of Control

I have several very large tomato plants and need to know if I can cut them back. They are already producing a large amount of fruit, and I cannot support them. They are falling over.

We normally do not advise pruning tomatoes, and the tomato fruit ripen with heat rather than sunlight. But if it is very dense, it could cause problems with airflow, which can invite disease in. If you decide to prune, use a very clean pair of shears and cut at the place where the branch you are trimming meets the stem. Allow it to air dry and do not water the foliage of the plant for a day after you prune. Here is an article that you may find helpful: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/vegetables/tomato/should-you-prune-tomato-plants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Tomato Plants