Peach Trees

Pruning Peach Trees

I have 3 peach trees in my backyard and only one produced very well this year. Should I prune the branches for a better crop next year, or should they be pruned at all?

Do not prune these trees following the harvest. However, they do require annual pruning to help maintain shape, size, and overall health. The best time to prune is in February once the danger of frost has passed but before any fruit has begun blooming. Improper pruning will reduce yield and fruit quality.

Cut out all dead, broken, diseased branches. Remove old wood as well as crossing or rubbing branches. Aim for a funnel-like shape with fruiting branches about 1 foot apart over the top of the tree. Thinning is another way to encourage better fruiting. This article will help with that: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/peach/peach-tree-thinning.htm

00
Here are more questions about Peach Trees