Yucca Plants

Pruning My Yucca

I have several yuccas together and in cleaning my beds just now, I noticed a lot of dead leaves and dried up dead looking tubers. I didn't realize that you are supposed to dig out the bloom stalk after its show. There are a number of these dead looking tubers under the mass. I did also see new green growth coming up beside one of the older stalks. I guess my question is should I remove all the old dried up foliage and tubers? I don't want to strip the grouping so much that they are naked! But, I also want to give it as many opportunities to grow and multiply.

You can remove the old leaves and tubers if you want, but you do not need to. The plants should produce pups regardless of whether the dead material is removed.

00
Here are more questions about Yucca Plants