Heather Plants

Pruning Mexican Heather

KayJay99 added on October 22, 2017 | Answered

I grew two beautiful Mexican Heather plants in a rock garden. The problem is that they have gotten too big for the space that is next to the deck. I don’t mind that they spill over the deck but rather that they have started to overrun other plants that were planted approximately 2 feet from them. I don’t know how or if I can trim them back or if now is a good time to do it. I believe that I’m in zone 8B (northern Florida) and still experiencing hotter temperatures. I’ve read anytime is good in this area except right before the frost (generally Jan-Feb) but they are currently well filled out with lots of flowers. Can you enlighten me on how and when is good to prune?

The best time to prune is in the spring, in this case. I would wait until then. Here is an article that will give you more information on the care of these plants: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/groundcover/false-heather/growing-mexican-heather-plants.htm

10
Here are more questions about Heather Plants