Lemon Trees

Pruning a Lemon Tree That Was in a Freeze

ermarich added on February 12, 2018 | Answered

My lemon tree experienced an unusually cold winter when temperatures dipped below 32 on two occasions. It had a few blooms on it before this freeze hit and a lot of lemons. Most of the leaves have turned brown and have fallen. On the south side of the tree there are still green leaves and green stems. I have pruned the tree every year so it isn\'t taller than six - seven feet. I wanted more of a bush appearance than a tree. When should I prune the tree this year and how?

I would wait to prune these until spring. This will allow you to see what would be the best growth to keep around. Here is a collection of articles for more information on the care of lemon trees: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/lemons/

00
Here are more questions about Lemon Trees