Parsley

Proper Way to Prune My Herb Garden

I like to cook a lot with flat leaf parsley and the dill that I have grown in my garden. Whenever I cut some to use, the rest of the stem turns yellow and dies within a few days. Am I doing something wrong? How can I cut the herbs so that doesn't happen?

Trim herbs as you use them or prune as needed. Pruning naturally stimulates plant growth. Pruning herbs can be as simple as pinching back growing tips to encourage branching; removing, or deadheading, spent flowers; or harvesting a major portion of plant growth for drying and preserving. Pinching back herbs throughout the growing season is the best way to maintain healthy, vigorous, attractive plants. Prune branches just above a leaf node or above another branch where you want to force new growth to occur. It is important to deadhead herbs to keep plants growing and to encourage more flowering.

00
Here are more questions about Parsley