Tangerine Trees

Proper Care for Tangerine Tree

JillJan added on March 13, 2013 | Answered

Recently moved to Florida. I have no experience with citrus trees. My tangerine tree has had some very good fruit since January. Some is still good--others a little dry. The tree is loaded with fruit. Do I need to remove some or most to keep it healthy?

Citrus typically self-thin, but sometimes, they need a little help. If you see an unusually large number of fruit developing, try removing 1/3-1/2 of the fruit.

Sure, thinning fruits while they small will give the tree the chance to distribute the amount of feed to the remaining fruits , giving you larger fruits . I donot like to leave fruits in clusters of more than 2-3 Frits , some times I have clusters that show 7 fruits , may be it will lose 3 on its own , if not , I will remove 4 , and stay with 3-4 pcs

The following article should answer your questions: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/lemons/lemon-tree-fruit-drop.htm
Should you need other questions answered, there is a search window at the begining and end of the article. If you need further information, you might want to speak with a citrus specialist at your local agricultural extension office.

Here are more questions about Tangerine Trees