Propagation Peace Lilly’s

Pollymc added on March 13, 2018 | Answered

I followed your directions on how to divide my peace lilly, Well, all of them are dying. I waited for the recovering time specified...but, yep they are dying. I had a beautiful healthy overgrown plant, it was getting a bit root bound and too big. Please tell me what I did wrong? I have uploaded photos of my process.

They will do this during recovery. It is important to keep them out of full sun until they recover. It is best to keep this in filtered light anyway, although it can handle it on occasion, it is best to have filtered light. Also, make sure the soil is moist, but not wet. This can cause the split to fail.

I would also add some peroxide to the water next time you water it. replace 1/3 of the water with it. This will help what looks like the start of an infection.