Zoysia Grass

Problems With Zoysia Grass

Alto314 added on July 3, 2012 | Answered

I'm in St. Louis, and we have been experiencing drought and 100+ degree temparatures. I've been watering my lawn regularly, but I'm getting some signficant brown patches. Someone told me that there is some sort of "bug" in our area that damages zoysia lawns, and I'm trying to find it whether we may have that problem.

In that kind of heat, even with regular watering, the lawn may be going dormant as a way to protect itself.

The disease that you were told about is called, aptly enough, Brown Patch. This article will help you to determine if it is brown patch and how to control it:
http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/gardens-gardening/your-garden/help-for-the-home-gardener/advice-tips-resources/pests-and-problems/diseases/fungal-spots/large-brown-patch.aspx

00
Here are more questions about Zoysia Grass