What's your question? Ask

Grape Vines

Q.Problem With Red Flame Grape Leaves Turning Yellow Then Brown And Falling Off.

Zone La Grange, California | Anonymous added on October 19, 2021 | Answered

I live in the California foothills. My red flame grapes started showing signs of trouble this year about late may. The leaves developed yellows spots that turned brown and fell off. My crop teals was high and good quality but the problem still exists. I’ve asked two master gardeners but neither could give me any help identifying the problem or a possible solution. I have pictures of the leaves but I’m not able to attach them. I’ve looked at every possible website and still cannot identify the problem. I’m hoping you might be able to help. Thanks so much,

A.Answers to this queston: Add Answer
GKH_Susan

It sounds like a fungal leaf spot disease. The best way to manage them is to clean the area by picking up all the dropped foliage and putting it in the trash. Annual pruning will also help to keep vines strong and healthy.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/grapes/treating-grapevine-problems.htm

00

Did you find this helpful? Share it with your friends!

here are more questions about...
Grape Vines
Join Us - Sign up to get all the latest gardening tips!

Do you know a lot about gardening?
Become a GKH Gardening Expert

OK