Peach Trees

Problem With Peach Tree

I live in southern California. My gardener planted a young peach tree last August. During the winter the tree lost its leaves as expected. Now all my trees and flowers are in bloom, but my peach tree is still bare. It doesn't look dead but it only has a few very small leaves on it and it doesn't have any buds; and it doesn't look like it's going to grow anything anytime soon. The gardener said it should have leaves in a couple of weeks, but I don't think so. He has no experience with peach trees, which he didn't tell me when he put it in. Could you tell me what to expect (if and when) and what I could do, if anything? I'm totally in the dark about the tree.

As long as the stems are still alive, the tree should come back. This article will help determine if the tree is alive:

Here are more questions about Peach Trees