Predatory Bugs

Praying Mantis Egg Sack

pjxcooper added on September 22, 2017 | Answered

I found one under my oscillating sprinkler. should I move it someplace where it will be dry or just leave it out in the yard over the winter?

That is a wonderful thing to have around. They are predatory, meaning they will eat pest bugs. The mantis will find the most suitable place naturally, and wherever it laid those is where they wanted to lay them.

You can care for them if you would like. You will need a terrarium. Replicate the outdoors with grass and sticks. Leaves help too. They will hatch, and at that time you can feed them small insects.https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/beneficial/praying-mantis-egg-sac-info.htm

01
pjxcooper

so you're saying I could pull it off the sprinkler and put it in a terrarium in my house?

00
Here are more questions about Predatory Bugs