Prayer Plants

Prayer Plants

Marb added on February 4, 2012 | Answered

Both my prayer plants were nice a full when I bought them. Now they are sparce, lanky (droopy) and the leaves on the one are turning brown and dying. Can you advise me on how to perk up the plants?

Thanks,
marb

You may be overwatering the plants and this may have caused root rot. This article will help you determine if the plant has root rot:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/disease/treating-root-rot-gardening-tips-for-housplants.htm

Before you water the plant, feel the soil. If the soil is dry, then water. If the soil is still damp on the top, the plant does not need water at this time. You will find that your plant will need less water in the winter than in the summer, even if iot is indoors.

00
Marb

I always thought that if the leaves turn yellow that meant over watering.....I didn't think that I was over watering....maybe watering once a week or once every ten days...

I'll view the video on root rot...thanks very much for responding.

Marlene

00
Here are more questions about Prayer Plants