Peony Plant

Powdery Mildew

Denise915 added on May 29, 2015 | Answered

I have Peony with powdery mildew - I plan to follow the homemade remedy spraying with the blend of baking soda, dishwashing liquid and horticultural oil. My question is: will using food based pure canola oil be an effective substitute for horticultural oil? Thank you, Denise

The recipe for the homemade solution is below. You can use canola oil instead of horticultural oil both are equally as effective.

Homemade remedy: Mix together a tablespoon each of baking soda, horticultural oil (or canola), and liquid dish soap (without bleach) with a gallon of water.

For more information on peonies and powdery mildew, please visit the following link:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/peony/powdery-mildew-peonies.htm

00
Here are more questions about Peony Plant