Meyer Lemon Trees

Potted Meyer Lemon

Karmenta22 added on November 23, 2017 | Answered

I have a potted Meyer Lemon tree in Eastern North Carolina. Since temperatures have lowered and it frosts nearly every night I brought it inside and put it near a large window that gets sun all day. It had about 20 small Lemon buds when I brought it in, but they have now all fallen off with the exception of one. Also, all of the leaves are falling off. Is this normal behavior or would it be better off back outside where it was thriving? I don’t want a frost to kill it, but it seems to be dying indoors. Thanks!

This is, actually, normal behavior for these. When the environment changes drastically, this can happen. At the same time Leaving it out to the frost would have had the same effect. You did the best thing by bringing it in. The best thing to do would be to give it supplemental lighting if you want it to coninue fruiting.

This article will help you care for container grown lemons: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/lemons/growing-lemon-trees-containers.htm

00
Here are more questions about Meyer Lemon Trees