Lemon Trees

Potted Lemon Tree

birdbrain added on January 12, 2018 | Answered

I have a potted lemon tree that is relatively small however last fall got 8 delicious lemons. I bring it in during the cool to cold winter weather in s.w.Oregon. my question is I want to do what's best for it how to I take care of it inside during these cold days and nights?

These will actually need quite a bit of light indoors to be happy. I would recommend at least 100 to 200 watts per tree to satisfy its light requirements.

Another thing to note with indoor citrus in container, is that they will need regular fertilization. Once a year, you should put a citrus fertilizer, along with some dolomitic lime, and iron sulphate to keep the soil conditioned.

This article will give you some more information: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/citrus/growing-citrus-trees-indoors.htm

10
Here are more questions about Lemon Trees