Jasmine Plants

Potted Indoor Jasmine

Jan Copeland added on January 7, 2018 | Answered

plant is in large pot with trellis. Somewhat spindly branches. Every year in Dec./Jan. The leaves begin to become desiccated and crisp. They are completely green when this happens. It's as if they are being dehydrated, although I keep the soil uniformly moist. I live in a high desert climate and the overall humidity is very low from Dec.-May. I have tried running humidifiers, but not seen any improvement. What can cause a green leaf to dry up like that? And how can I help prevent it? Thanks!

This is, almost always, due to lack of humidity. It may be that you will have to seal off the room and get a bigger humidifier. They do go through a dormancy, though. So this is not necessarily bad for them. Here is an article for their care: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/jasmine/growing-jasmine-plants.htm

Here are more questions about Jasmine Plants